Thursday 19 May 2011

Dulce de Leche (Spanish caramel) at Koko Black

Dulce de Leche is a thick, caramel-like milk-based sauce or spread popular in Latin America. It was by chance that I discovered its deliciousness. Travelling around Europe with my family and spending some time in Argentina when I was about 12, we met a friendly young girl who was about 18 at that time (the same age as my sister who had not come along with us on the trip). She asked if she could be our pen-pal to improve her English and my sister and little Miss Argentinian developed a friendship over the letters they sent each other. She decided to visit us during the Melbourne summer a year later and we welcomed her into our home. She brought along with her, jars and jars of Dulce de Leche and that was when I had my first taste. It was delicious. I spread it on everything I could - bread, crumpets, pancakes, crackers! It was a good summer.
Since then, I have been in search of places where I can have good Dulce de Leche.

Koko Black is one such place.
Over Easter, my mom surprised me with these Dulce de Leche filled bunnies from Koko Black and they were delicious. There are many other products in store at Koko Black that have Dulce de Leche in them and it is always a treat!

:)
Koko Black on Urbanspoon

No comments: