Thursday 19 May 2011

Restaurant Review: Om Vegetarian

Location: Level 1, 28 Elizabeth St, Melbourne
Phone: (03) 9663 0062
Link: www.omvegetarian.com
Overall Impression: 5/10

Was catching up with the lovely Phermonh. Being vegetarian, she suggested this restaurant called Om Vegetarian. I have actually never heard of this restaurant until then. She sold it to me as being $6.50 for an 'all you can eat' dinner. I was shocked but also now very curious. So I spent the rest of the week before our catch up getting really excited about what a $6.50 buffet would look like.

When we arrived, I realised it was not so much 'all you can eat', but more feel free to ask for more, which in my opinion, are two very different things. The latter requires a thicker skin.
What happens is you are served with a plate filled with food (as pictured) and you can go up to the counter and ask for refills.
I ended up asking for a little more of the basmati rice and curry potato and we both left well fed.
It is hard to say anything too harsh about a place that charges you $6.50 for dinner so I won't. The food was very basic but at the end of the day it delivered what it promised. Thanks for the lovely catch up, Phermonh! I look forward to more vegetarian meals with you.
Om Vegetarian on Urbanspoon

No comments: