Sunday 5 June 2011

Restaurant Review: Plume Chinese Restaurant

Location: 546 Doncaster Rd, Doncaster
Phone: (03) 9840 1122
Link: www.plume.com.au
Cuisine: Chinese
Overall Impression: 5/10

My mum loves yumcha. She loves being able to have a variety of little dishes to snack on over some Chinese tea. So she was thrilled that my sister decided to take us all out for a lazy Sunday brunch at Plume. Dinner at Plume is a much more formal affair. I have attended a Chinese wedding banquet at Plume and remember being very impressed at the quality of the dishes they had on offer, but I digress.
The yumcha experience (as is the case with most yumcha experiences) was fairly informal. The restaurant was bustling and packed with patrons. I found the dishes above average. The egg tart was especially good. But Plume does charge a premium for their service. The bill for the three of us came up to about $150. So, I'm not sure if the particularly good egg tart was worth it.
All in all, good but all things considered, pricey for what it offers.
Plume Chinese on Urbanspoon

No comments: