Monday 4 July 2011

Cafe Review: Animal Orchestra


Location: 163 Grattan St,Carlton
Phone: (03) 9349 4944 
Cuisine: Cafe-style
Overall Impression: 5/10
It was strange to be back again after so long. The last time I was here, I was finishing my final year at university, finishing a degree that no longer exists -  it was eaten up by the Melbourne model's JD program. I remember this place having the best soup *ever*, so I thought I would re-live the memories.
Beef Goulash
And how things change. It was not what was on offer that had changed (I don't think). It was me. As I looked down at my very watery Goulash and looked for any traces of beef I could find, I was very disappointed. It was more a clear vegetable soup than a hearty Goulash. Suffice to say, my opinion of Animal Orchestra has changed dramatically.  It probably has the best soup on the Melbourne University campus but that is all. The soup itself was a nice tasty soup. If only it had been marketed to me as a vegetable soup made from beef stock.

Animal Orchestra on Urbanspoon

No comments: