Sunday 18 December 2011

Restaurant Review: Espressino Coffee and Pizza Bar

Location: 68-70 King Street, The Rialto, Melbourne
Phone: 03 9620 4774
Link: http://www.rialto.com.au/espressino.html
Cuisine: Italian
Overall Impression: 6/10
I grew up with the most amazing sister. She is incredibly intelligent, athletic and beautiful both on the inside and out. Growing up, I have always been L’s little sister. People knew me as the younger sister of that really hot chick. I guess that is how Espressino feels, as the sister restaurant to the famous +39 Pizzeria.
The truth is, the pizzas are just as good. And I don’t mean it in a metaphorical, “I am just as good as my sister way, so please love me.” In all seriousness, this is where the comparison departs (my sister and I could not be more different!).
Iced Coffee
Salads – Insalata
Rucola
With Rocket, Avocado, Cherry Tomato & Fresh Pecorino Cheese
Pizza: Gamberi
With Mozzarelle, Zucchini, Prawns & Cherry Tomato

The pizzas served at Espressino are of the same quality and standard to that served at +39. Both eateries rate very high on this blogger’s scale of deliciousness. Notably, their menus are almost identical!  
So, if you like +39 Pizzeria, you will like Espressino – unless there is something about the +39 Pizzeria venue that you particularly love.
Pizza: Salsiccia
With Tomato, Mozzarella, Italian Sausage, Porcini Mushroom & Parmesan
The pizzas are very much what you would expect from a pizzeria in Italy – delicious without being overly complicated with a beautifully thin crust.
Espressino Coffee and Pizza Bar on Urbanspoon

+39 Pizzeria on Urbanspoon

No comments: