Friday 26 October 2012

Restaurant Review: Dead Man Espresso

Location: 35 Market Street, Melbourne
Phone: 03 9686 2255
Link: deadmanespresso.com.au
Cuisine: Breakfast/Brunch, Coffee, Modern Australian
Overall Impression: 7/10

South Melbourne is quite the coffee paradise. You have St. Ali, Chez Dre and of course Dead Man Espresso.


J and I were there on a Saturday afternoon for lunch. Their usual lunch menu is replaced by an all-day breakfast one on weekends.

I haven’t had an eggy breakfast in a while so I was very egg-cited (sorry, I couldn’t help myself) to see that although it was well past 1pm, I could still get an egg-cellent (ok, that’s the last of it) meal.


I had beautifully poached free range eggs on toast and J had a chorizo, gruyere and guindilla pepper toastie.

Both were simple, straight to the point and enjoyable.


As expected the coffee was of a very high standard. Not surprising given they do pride themselves in sourcing top quality beans.




Dead Man Espresso is hardly dead. It is bustling, vibrant and perfect for a lazy afternoon over a good cup of coffee.



Dead Man Espresso on Urbanspoon

No comments: